The deadline for entry is 11:59 PM EST January 15, 2016.
In celebration of Star Trek’s 50th anniversary in 2016, publisher Simon & Schuster is bringing back the popular fan fiction writing contest, Strange New Worlds! Here is your unique opportunity to present to this world and beyond that special Star Trek story that has never been told.
Ten winning selections will be published as part of an all-new official anthology, coming from Simon & Schuster in 2016. Plus, two first prize winners will receive a free, self-publishing package from Archway Publishing!
Stories must focus on past and present Star Trek main characters or familiar guest characters from the live-action TV series or the first ten feature films released prior to 2009.
- Stories must be between 7,500 and 10,000 words.
- Stories must contain no explicit sexual activity or graphic depictions of violence or sadism.
- Stories may not contain the previously unestablished death of a Star Trek character or make significant changes in the life of a major character.
- No illustrated or graphic submissions will be accepted.
- The Submission must be an original story based on the established Star Trek universe and or characters from the following Television series or Motion Pictures:
The Original Series, Seasons 1-3
The Next Generation, Seasons 1-7
Deep Space Nine, Seasons 1-7
Voyager, Seasons 1-7
Enterprise, Seasons 1-4
The Motion Picture (1979)
The Wrath of Khan (1982)
The Search for Spock (1984)
The Voyage Home (1986)
The Final Frontier (1989)
The Undiscovered Country (1991)
First Contact (1996)
- See complete list of story qualifications/disqualifications in the Rules at http://www.startrekbooks.com/contest_rules.