Avoid bookstore faux pas like the following while speaking to the overworked bookstore employees with their smocks and helpful head nods:
- How much does this cost on Amazon?
- How can you work here when Amazon Prime exists? Are you on Amazon Prime?
- I’m a writer and I don’t want to waste my time, so which of these should I actually read?
- I only read signed copies. Where is the signed section?
- I don’t need help. I just come by the bookstore to hit on the smart people buying Ulysses for light, fun reading.
- I don’t need help. I just want to write down all of Giada’s recipes.
- I don’t need help. I’m just figuring out where my book will be shelved once I finish it, get an agent, sell it, and get it stocked here, in this location.
- I don’t need help. I’m just writing notes on page fifteen of every book. I’m creating a treasure hunt for the bookish.
- Which of these is going to be a movie? I want to judge the future movie by the past cover.
- How many teens die in this one? I only respond to mass numbers of teen deaths.
- If I just spilled my coffee on the hardcover book of swimming dogs, should I tell you about it?
Rest of the list at: http://bookriot.com/2015/07/03/what-not-to-say-to-bookstore-employees-2/