1. The Princess Bride was almost made into a movie in the ’70s, and a then-unknown Arnold Schwarzenegger was seriously considered to play Fezzik.
2. By the time the movie was actually made, Schwarzenegger was too expensive to hire.
3. The Rodents of Unusual Size were men in rat suits.
4. One of the R.O.U.S. actors got into a fight with his wife and burned down the kennel they owned, so the film crew bailed him out of jail so he could film the Fire Swamp scene.
5. Director Rob Reiner auditioned over 500 women for the role of Buttercup, including Courtney Cox, Meg Ryan, Uma Thurman, and Whoopie Goldberg.
6. Robin Wright is originally from Texas but barely needed any dialect coaching for Buttercup’s English accent. Her father is British.
For more trivia about The Princess Bride: http://www.buzzfeed.com/keelyflaherty/inconceivable-facts-about-the-princess-bride-you-probably