He reached the road’s end. /
He stepped into the unknown. /
The first fright was love.
$4,000 offered in Literary Grants and Awards, Plus Publication
$1,000 for best Poem
$1,000 for best Fiction
$1,000 for best Nonfiction (Nonfiction includes humor, memoir, creative nonfiction, travel, opinion, essay, interview, features, investigative reporting, etc.)
$1,000 for best Short-short Fiction
To apply online, follow these guidelines
1. No restrictions as to style, content or number of submissions. Enter as often as you like.
2. Winners announced beginning in September. All contestants will receive our high-quality 2014 anthology.
3. Send between now and June 17, 2013, Midnight, all U.S. time zones.
4. Simultaneous & multiple submissions welcome. Previously published material welcome if under 5,000-circulation or if previously published online only.
5. Each fiction or nonfiction piece is counted as a separate entry, and should total no more than 6,000 words except Short-Short Fiction (no more than 1,000 words).
6. Each poetry entry may include up to three poems, not to exceed five pages total per entry. All poetry Honorable Mentions will be published.
7. Save cover sheet or letter with the submission you’ll be uploading and send as one file. Should you forget to include such covers, however, it’s OK, as contact information is automatically forwarded to us when you pay online.
8. Payment is $20 per submission in order to cover our many expenses and reserve your book. Payment will be by credit card or echeck through PayPal
9. Each entry must be in a separate file (up to 3 poems in one file (See #6)). Many file formats are accepted.